April is our last month of the 2012/2013 school year. We are winding down lessons and the kids will be taking year end exams. They will probably take them the last week of April/beginning week of May.
With that said, the kids have been working on the following:
- MATH: I leave this up to Nick and Sam. They choose the worksheets that they want to do and leave them for me to look over when I get home from work. Both Nick and Sam have been reading various Math books (Sir Cumference, Pythagoras, etc.)
- READING: Nick and Sam read on a daily basis from various books
- HANDWRITING: Sam has been working on her cursive and has been writing letters to her grandparents. Nick will write when he feels like creating a story
- READ ALOUD: I have started this up again. I have read the first two Harry Potter books and just beginning the read the third book to the kids. We are enjoying this time together
- ART: Nick has started drawing again. His subject has been pirates.
- SEWING: Sam has been designing and sewing clothes for her stuffies
- LIBRARY: Every Saturday we visit our favorite library and meet up with our friends. The library is starting up a Lego Club and the kids are excited to create designs with their friends.