Thursday, June 29, 2017

George Washington's Secret Six ~ Review

(photo from Amazon.com)

"When George Washington beat a hasty retreat from New York City in August 1776, many thought the American Revolution might soon be over. Instead, Washington rallied - thanks in large part to a little-known, top-secret group called the Culper Spy Ring.  He realized that he couldn't defeat the British with military might, so he recruited a sophisticated and deeply secretive intelligence network to infiltrate New York..." ~ taken from the back cover of the book.

What an amazing story of intrigue and adventure of six amazing, ordinary people. I had a difficult time putting the book down at the office...(yup, I read at work).  I enjoy reading about history and this book was not a disappointment.  It never occurred to me that there were spies that helped General George Washington.  I should have.   

Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger did a wonderful job of researching papers, journals, and letters to bring this story to life.  If you enjoy reading and learning about the American Revolution, this book is for you!

(Disclaimer:  I purchased this book for my own personal library.  The authors did not ask me nor did they compensate me for my opinion)


No comments:

Post a Comment