Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2 Years Ago Today...

I was baptized and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Earlier that year (2014), my best friend's daughter went on a mission to Mexico.  Ever since she was called to go on her mission, I had a prompting to seek out sister missionaries in my area to just say "Hello".  I missed two chances, because 1) I am not that type of person to just go up to someone and say "Hello", and 2) I came up with excuses.  I told myself that the next time I see sister missionaries, I will talk to them. 

On the first day of the 2014 Summer Reading program guess who was helping with some of the activities??? Yup, sister missionaries.  My kids saw them first and said, 'Mom, they are from the Church of Jesus Christ!'.  (a little side note: i had been talking about the LDS church for a little while and my kids did know about the Book of Mormon).  I chatted with the sisters that day and the kids and I went on our way.   The sisters actually helped throughout the month long reading program, so we did see and talk with them on those Saturdays.    On the last day of the reading program, the sisters asked if they could come to our house for a lesson.  I said sure and we swapped phone numbers and I gave them our address.  Well, due to scheduling conflicts, the sisters were not able to come to our house that week.  The following Saturday, Samantha spotted the sisters before I did and walked right up to them and asked, 'So, when are you going to come to our house and teach us about the Book of Mormon?" Lessons started the next week.

Samantha decided to get baptized first and her baptism date was September 20, 2014 and mine was October 25, 2014.

Hailey (Sister Mayle) and Alee (Sister Crook) were our sister missionaries.  We love and miss them a lot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment