Sunday, April 24, 2016

Church

The last time we attended church was the first Sunday in February.  Why haven't we attended since then?  A lot of different stuff going on...health, exhaustion, critters, etc.  Today that changed.  Today, the kids and I went to church and it was a good thing.

Today's talks were about Atonement, Patience, Humility and Diligence. 
The Atonement helps us remember our covenants.
We need to be Patient with waiting for answers to prayers.
Humility is another way of saying we have Spiritual Strength, not weakness as well as understanding the Atonement of Christ.
Diligence helps us with following the commandments by pondering the scriptures and lessons of from Prophets and Apostles.

A couple of scriptures from today, either from the talks or hymns:

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." ~ Alma 26:12  (scripture from the talk on Humility)

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." ~ Psalms 33:12 (Scripture referenced from Hymn #78 God of Our Father, Whose Almighty Hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment