Last month I did a post about Twelve Random Things About Me. This month, I thought I would share 12 books/series that I have enjoyed reading...
1. Book of Mormon - I have read this about 4 times and am now reading a chapter each night to the kids. We are in Alma
2. Bible - I have read the NIV Bible once and am now reading the King James Version.
3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - read aloud to the kids and loved every book.
4. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - read aloud to the kids and then I read the series on my own. We love this series.
5. The Farworld series by J. Scott Savage - new author and a great series. When my kids say "One more chapter" every night...you know it is a great story.
6. Fearless by Eric Blehm - I highly recommend. A great, true story about a Navy Seal. You will laugh, cry and hold your breath throughout the book.
7. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - amazing love story. Highly recommend with a box of kleenex.
8, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - an interesting read. Takes place during WWII and 'death' is the story teller. It took me a couple of times to start reading, but once I got into the book...I couldn't put it down. I do not recommend the movie.
9. Ella Minow Pea by Mark Dunn - a very clever and funny story. I would love to find another book as clever as this one.
10. Where Are the Children by Mary Higgins Clark - this book got me interested in reading for pleasure instead of 'having to read it for school'.
11. John Adams by David McCullough - I learned a lot about John Adams. When I finished this book, I felt I knew John Adams. Excellent read and I highly recommend.
12. The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough - This book was so intense that I could feel and taste the muddy water...absolutely riveting and an amazing true story.
I could list many more books, but I will stop at twelve.
What are your top twelve books/series that you have enjoyed reading?