Friday, February 12, 2016

12 Books/Series...

Last month I did a post about Twelve Random Things About Me.  This month, I thought I would share 12 books/series that I have enjoyed reading...

1.  Book of Mormon - I have read this about 4 times and am now reading a chapter each night to the kids.  We are in Alma

2.  Bible - I have read the NIV Bible once and am now reading the King James Version.

3.  The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - read aloud to the kids and loved every book.

4.  The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - read aloud to the kids and then I read the series on my own.  We love this series.

5.  The Farworld series by J. Scott Savage  - new author and a great series.  When my kids say "One more chapter" every night...you know it is a great story.

6.  Fearless by Eric Blehm - I highly recommend.  A great, true story about a Navy Seal.  You will laugh, cry and hold your breath throughout the book.

7.  Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - amazing love story. Highly recommend with a box of kleenex.

8,  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - an interesting read.  Takes place during WWII and 'death' is the story teller.  It took me a couple of times to start reading, but once I got into the book...I couldn't put it down.  I do not recommend the movie.

9.  Ella Minow Pea by Mark Dunn - a very clever and funny story.  I would love to find another book as clever as this one.

10.  Where Are the Children by Mary Higgins Clark - this book got me interested in reading for pleasure instead of 'having to read it for school'. 

11.  John Adams by David McCullough - I learned a lot about John Adams.  When I finished this book, I felt I knew John Adams.  Excellent read and I highly recommend.

12.  The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough - This book was so intense that I could feel and taste the muddy water...absolutely riveting and an amazing true story.

I could list many more books, but I will stop at twelve.

What are your top twelve books/series that you have enjoyed reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment