Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Typical Day

What does a typical day look like in your house?  Well, in ours this is how most of our days look like:

The alarm goes off at 6:20am.  I stay in bed for about 10 more minutes and then get up for the day.  I feed Blackie, because he waits patiently for me during those 10 minutes. Then I get ready for work.  Scott is making his coffee at this time.

Between 7 and 7:30am, the kids start waking up.  Nick asks for his morning chocolate milk and is non-stop talking.  Sam is usually laying down on my bed, snuggled under the blanket. 

I leave for work a little before 8am.  From 8am to 4:30pm, the kids are working on their lessons, reading, playing on the computer, playing with their toys (Lego), playing outside and doing chores.  Scott is with the kids during the day and oversees the kids lessons.

I get home a little after 4:30pm and the kids can't wait to tell me about their day.  While I am trying to relax from work, listening to the kids, saying 'hello' to Scott and petting the cat, dinner is either just getting started or we are trying to figure out what to eat.

Once dinner is made and eaten, usually by 5:30pm, the kids and I do some lessons together.  Lately it has just been Life of Fred.

After lessons with mom, the kids are either watching a movie, playing games and reading.

Around 8:30pm, the kids start getting ready for bed.  By 9:30pm, the kids are in bed and ready for prayers.  After prayers, I tuck them in and say 'Good Night'. 

Scott and I stay up a few hours longer and go to be between 11pm and 12am. 

This is what a typical day looks like at our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment