Friday, January 30, 2015

New Year Goals update

It is almost the end of January...this month has had its ups and downs, especially with sickies in  the house.  Nick, Sam and Scott are just getting over their colds and hoping that February will be a more healthy month for all.
This year I made some goals and at the end of each month, I will be giving updates on those goals.  Here is January's:

Read Scriptures on a daily basis - I have done pretty good with this one.  There were a couple of days that I didn't read due to being too tired, up with sick kids, etc.  I will try to do better next month.

Keep a journal for the year - I have been writing in a journal, just not on a daily basis.  This goal is one that I have, in the past, not been able to keep up with.  So far, so good.

Work on stress and anxiety - This time of year at work is a bit stressful.  Working on the Town Warrant, placing warrant articles in the correct order, working with new software to input the budget and default budget, generating W2's and 1099's, minutes and the everyday office work all in one week.  To say that I worked on decreasing my stress would not be accurate.  Next month shouldn't bee too bad.

I didn't put anytime aside to learn to crochet or on any of my interests.

Blog more - I did pretty good this month.  Sometimes it was difficult to come up with a subject to write about and on days that I didn't feel like blogging...hey, that's ok.

Goals for the Family:

Better eating habits - we tried.  That is all I can say.  I did make it a point to purchase healthy snacks this month but with the sickies, nothing tasted good and appetites were out of wack.

More outdoor activities - no outside activities this month.  Again, sickies and very cold outside.

Read Scriptures together - Each of us (Nick, Sam, and myself) read individually but not as a family.  This is a goal that hasn't even been worked on.  Will try better for February.

Working together to keep the house clean - A daily list is given to the kids on what they need to do.  Scott and I do our part.  We all can do better with this one.

Finishing the house - Nothing was done this month and I don't expect anything to really start up until spring.

So looking back on January, I did pretty good with my goals and the family did better than I expected.

Have you set any goals for 2015? 

No comments:

Post a Comment