Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It's That Time of Year...

...Town political season.  Being an employee of my town, I don't post a lot about what I do nor do I get involved in the politics.  However, I do have to say a few things...

~ I do NOT like this season.  It is the least favorite part of my job.
~ Time-lines are too short.  Especially when you only have about a 5 day window to get everything pulled together.
~ It brings out the worst in people.  Tensions and emotions are running high.
~ Sleepless nights wondering if I filled out all the forms correctly.  This increases my anxiety to levels that I do not like to be in.
~ I stay neutral in all aspects that involve the town.  This is something I do year round.  I have to in order to protect myself and my job.  I am surprised that I do not have a hole in my tongue. 

All I can do is pray that this season passes smoothly without a lot of incidents.  One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment