Thursday, October 16, 2014

A 10 Day Field-Trip

Nick, Sam and I went on a 10 day field-trip that involved 5 airplanes, driving in a van 4 days, physically touching 7 States and Washington D.C. and visiting with family.  When, where, why, and how, you ask?  Let me tell you....

When:  October 2nd to October 12th

Where:  Casper, Wyoming and Reedsport, Oregon

Why:  Sarah's wedding (my niece and cousin to my kids) and visiting family

How:  The kids and I started our journey from Manchester, NH...but due to events that happened in Chicago, IL (one of our lay-over stops), we were flown from Boston, MA to Denver, CO and then to Casper, WY.
  • We ended up sleeping over at the Denver airport on Oct 2nd and didn't arrive in Casper, WY until 3:10pm on Oct 3rd.
On Sunday, Oct 5th, my parents drove me and the kids from Casper, WY to Reedsport, OR.  This little jaunt ended on Wednesday, Oct 8th.

On Saturday, Oct 11th, my parents, again, drove me and the kids to a hotel and on Sunday, Oct 12th the kids and I were taken by shuttle to the Portland, OR airport.  We flew from OR to Dallas, TX, then to Reagan International Airport in Washington D.C. and our final flight took us to Manchester, NH.

Who did we see on our trip and what did we do?

We saw grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews and had a a lot of fun.
We went to a museum in Casper, WY.  This museum was about the Oregon Trail and the Mormon Trail.  This museum was interactive - we got to feel what a wagon going through the river felt like, a stagecoach felt like and pulling a hand-cart felt like.  I think Nick really enjoyed the hand-cart.
We also went to the Pacific Ocean and Nick played in the water for 2 hours.

We are home safe and sound and had a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment