- Life of Fred: Kidneys - This is the first book of the intermediate series and the kids have really enjoyed each lesson. They will actually complete the book this weekend. They practiced adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, some algebra, graphing, etc.
- Mystery of History Vol 1 - Another 2 thumbs up from the kids. They really enjoy learning about history, especially that which correlates with the Bible.
- Copy Work - This past 4 weeks, the kids have been working on their cursive copy work and they are doing a pretty good job.
- Cover Story - They worked on lessons 13 to 24 and it seems that this curriculum is a bit too much. So, I have decided to put it aside for a while and then reintroduce it at a later time...either in January or the next school year....decisions, decisions.
- Reading - 1/2 hour daily reading is what I ask of my kids. If they read more...Awesome. If they just read the 1/2 hour...Great.
- Science - Right now they are taking care of the Chickens. I will be adding more science stuff through out the year, but have not quite figured out what that will be.
- Free-time - Playing outside, riding bikes, playing in the pool, playing with friends, driving go-karts, summer reading program, cooking, baking, chores, watching movies, computer time etc.
Saturday, August 2, 2014
A Look Back: Weeks 5 - 8
When the kids first started this year, I informed them that they will have 4 weeks of lessons then 1 week off, and so on. The kids just completed their 2nd four weeks and this is what they have been up to...