- Lessons - always an everyday of the week occurrence. The kids have diligently worked on their spelling (Nick finished up disc one in sequential spelling), copy work (Sam completed her copy work book), a lot of reading (several chapter books from both kids), math (finished a couple of Life of Fred books), a little bit of history, science, documentary's and computer time.
- Chickens - the hens are laying eggs. We gather 3-4 eggs a day and have sold 3 dozen. The kids care for the chickens by cleaning out the coop (with help from mom and dad), feeding the chickens and playing with them. Also the gathering of eggs. They split the proceeds from the sale of eggs and want to put some of it in the bank :)
- Work - this month was a bit busy, especially the first couple of weeks due to the town election/vote. Since then, the busyness has subsided a bit. Not sure how the new elected officials will do this year but I am taking it one day at a time. Being this close to town politics is rather interesting at times and I look forward to the day when I don't have to be so close to it. That is one thing about small towns, politics is apparent and easily observed whether you want to be a part of it or not.
- Fun TV - The kids have been watching "The Munsters", "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Green Acres". Verdict of the shows: Two enthusiastic thumbs up for "The Munsters" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" and thumbs down for "Green Acres". Hey, you can't win them all.
- Library - 3 out of the 4 weekends we went library hopping. We go to two different libraries every Saturday and this is something the kids enjoy. They are able to see some friends, visit with the librarians and check out amazing books, movies, etc.
- Sick - Nick, Sam and Scott were down and out for over a week. The stomach bug was not very friendly in our house. Luckily they are all feeling better and were able to visit some friends yesterday.
- General Women's Meeting - Sam and I watched, in the comfort of our home, the General Women's Meeting from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Very inspirational, meaningful messages.
Monday, March 31, 2014
March: A Look Back
Again, not a whole lot of blogging this month as I have been busy with work and tired at the end of the day. Here is a look back at the month of March: