The goals that I posted for 2013 were:
- Read Scriptures Daily
- Read a chapter book each month - Nick and Sam
- Nick and Sam to expand on their individual interests
- Be a mentor to Nick and Sam
- Move upstairs to new living space
I did not read my scriptures on a daily basis. I did read them throughout the year and read from the KJV Bible, Book of Mormon and Ensign magazines.
Nick and Sam did reach their goal and even read more than I asked.
Both Nick and Sam focused on their individual interests and it was very interesting to see their interests change throughout the year
Mentoring the kids was a bit more difficult that I thought. Work and other things seemed to get in the way.
We did not move upstairs. A lot more needs to be done.
What are the goals for our family in 2014?
- Read Scriptures Daily - instead of myself, I am going to encourage the whole family to read and study the scriptures (Bible, Book of Mormon, Ensign, Living Scriptures DVD's) daily
- Read a chapter book each month - this will be a continuation for Nick and Sam. They enjoy reading and if they can read more than one chapter book a month, than that is a plus :)
- Mentor Nick and Sam - both Scott and I need to make it a point to mentor our children. We also will be looking for people outside our family to mentor our children.
- Finish the outside of our house (siding) and work on getting the heating system put in place for the new living space upstairs
- Monthly Budgets - This goal is mainly for Scott and I to work on together. We are debt free, but a monthly budget will help us to see where our income is going and how we can put some in savings.
Looking for to 2014!!!