Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 Gratitude Challenge - November 15

Today I am thankful for life lessons.  That may be a strange thing to be thankful for, but without life lessons,  how do we learn from the decisions we make?  For example:  My children love to go grocery shopping with me and look forward to it every week.  This morning I told my children that if they were dressed, had their beds made, ate breakfast, brushed their teeth and did one lesson (copy work) by the time I got back from a couple of errands, they could go with me to the grocery store.  When I returned from those errands, Samantha was ready to go and Nick was just starting to get dressed.  Nick ended up staying home and he was not very happy.  He pleaded for a second chance and I told him that his second chance will be next week.  While Sam and I were grocery shopping, Nick had a nice sit down talk with Scott and they discussed why it is necessary to listen. follow instructions, and to obey mom and dad.

I am thankful for the life lessons.  What are you thankful for?  Please visit Quiet Pandemonium to see what others are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment