Friday, October 25, 2013
- Nick had his orthodontist appointment on Wednesday and he is now looking forward to November 26th when he gets his braces off and gets a retainer!!! He has had them on since February 2012.
- I renewed my driver's license and was able to pass my eye test without my glasses. This is a first since I was in my early 20's.
- The chicks are growing at a fast rate. We are certain that we have 3 Roos and 4 Hens. The 8th one, 'Beaky', we are not sure. 'Beaky' is growing at a slower rate because of health problems and is not a developed as the others. But I do have to say that 'GoldenRod', a roo, is very protective of 'Beaky'.
- Sam is expanding her reading to more non-fiction and is learning a lot. Just recently, she started reading about Anne Frank. I am expecting a lot of questions once Sam is finished reading 'Who Was Anne Frank?'
- Scott finally got 'Little Red' (that is the name of his truck) registered and inspected. Some body work had to be done to get it up to par. Now we have at least a winter vehicle to rely on if it is too icy/snowy for me to drive 'puddles' (car) to work.
Monday, October 21, 2013
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Yesterday, Scott and the kids built a bigger home for the chicks. We all did not realize that the chicks grow very fast! Anyway, as soon as the chicks were placed in their new home, excitement ensued. The chicks were very entertaining with their jumps, bumps, chirps and flapping of their wings. Below are some "3 week old" pictures...
Goldenrod (center), Robin (bottom left), Licorice (top right)
Beaky and Licorice
Not yet named
Cuddles getting on my hand
Saturday, October 12, 2013
- Nick and Sam have been working on copywork, spelling and reading on a daily basis. It is their responsibility to work on these three things everyday, or at least during the week. They know that they have to get this done before doing any computer time/movie time.
- At night, after I get home from work, the kids and I have been working in 'Life of Fred - Farming'. This past week we took a break from math but will pick it up next week.
- We started reading 'Wisdom with the Millers'. This book is about a family that is reading through the Book of Proverbs and each chapter focuses on different Proverbs. (I don't remember the author's name because at this moment I can't find the book)
- Chicks, Chicks, Chicks, Chicks, Chicks, Chicks, Chicks, and Chicks! Everyday, the kids take care of the chicks by feeding, watering and cleaning out their little house (bin). The chicks are now over 2 weeks old and getting big.
- Last Sunday, the kids and I went to the Fire and Ambulance Open House. The kids toured the fire and ambulance equipment, did some activities that involved crawling and rolling on the floor and met Smokey the Bear.
- Visited the local libraries - Grafton and Canaan.
- Scott has been tinkering with his truck - getting it ready for inspection.
- I have been working, as usual, and things are starting to get busy again with tax season and budget season.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend :)
Friday, October 4, 2013
"Robin" hiding behind the feeder
This little one (not yet named) was about to take a drink of water
Group shot #2 (see below) was taken with a flash. Oh, the chicks did not like that at all. But you can really see the coloring of them.
"Licorice" taking a drink.
Aren't the wing feathers beautiful?
Sam and Nick have been cleaning out the box that the chicks are staying in. They also water and feed the chicks daily. It is great to see them involved in this whole process.