Monday, June 24, 2013

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - review of sorts


*****Please note that if you have not read this book, I am not going to spoil it for you.  In fact, I am not going to tell you anything about this particular book.  You will have to read it to know why I say this and I would not want to take the adventure away from you.*****

When I first read Harry Potter...oh so many years ago...I found it boring and couldn't even finish the first book in the series.  Now, several years and two children later, I read the whole series.  If you have been following my blog, you know that I read the series out loud to my children and they L.O.V.E.D. every single book.  And yes, I did too!

A lot of great discussions were had as we finished each book and many lessons were learned about friendship, honesty, and trust. 

Nick, Sam and I are now watching the movies and find that reading the books first helps us know what is coming next.  Do the movies stay true to the books?  A few of the movies do.  We have not watched part 1 and 2 of The Deathly Hallows, but plan on doing that soon.

Are these books good for kids?  I think so.  But that is my opinion for my family. I do have to say that I was skeptical at first because of the whole witchcraft and wizardry theme, but the lessons that you take from each book can be applied to muggle daily life.    

I commend J.K. Rowling for her great imagination and telling a story that expands 7 books.  My children enjoyed being a part of Harry Potter's world so much that they have started reading the books themselves.  I am so glad that I own the complete series because I am sure it will be read over and over again by my children and of course, by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment