As you can see, Frederick was already cleaned out. (thank goodness for that!)
A face shot which then led to the question...Do fish have tongues?
The following are the observations that Samantha dictated to me:
- The tongue and teeth are sharp
- Back fin can be pushed back and forth like a fan
- Appears to be a rainbow trout
- Eyes feel like peeled grapes and the black stud (center of eye) doesn't change
- Dorsal fin feels gooey
- Top of the head is green
- The scales are shiney
- Under the gills are what appears to be the lungs
- When rubbing the fish toward the head, the skin feels soft.
- When rubbing the fish toward the tail, the skin feels rough
- No scales on the head
- Fish have noses. Samantha noticed nose holes near the point over the mouth opening
- Frederick is slippery and flexible
- The bump down the middle of the back feels like the spine
Nick did participate a little bit. He really wasn't to keen on handling the fish. He observed from a distance.