Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Imagination Station: Hunt for the Devil's Dragon - review

"Are you brave enough to follow cousins Beth and Patrick?  In 13th century Libya, a vicious animal is killing the townspeople's sheep. To appease the beast, the people believe they must offer up a maiden as a sacrifice.  When Beth tries to help a girl names Sabra escape from becoming the animal's next victim, she is left for an offering outside a dragon's lair.  Meanwhile, Patrick and a new friend named Hazi, join Georgius, a Roman knight who plans to kill the dragon.  But the plan goes awry when Beth and Sabra beg him not to hurt the dragon.  The girls know the true secret of Silene - the dragon isn't its worst enemy." (taken from the back cover of the book)

I had never heard of The Imagination Station series and am now wondering why.  What a great way to teach kids lessons of truth, bravery and friendship.  Cousins Beth and Patrick learn a valuable lesson about 'standing up for what's right, no matter what.' What I really liked about the book, was the way that the Roman soldier lived according to Christ's ways, even when others ridiculed him.  Such a positive powerful message to young children

The recommended reading level for this book is ages 7 and up.

(DisclaimerTyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.  All I was asked was to offer my honest opinion, positive or negative). 

2 comments:

  1. I also reviewed this book and enjoyed it. It's a great series.

    BTW-I have 5 giveaways going on at my site if you are interested in stopping over to check them out. Have a great week!

    Diane :)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about your site. The giveaways look great :)

    ReplyDelete