Nick and Sam were doing the following:
- Math: worked on individual worksheets and finished up 'Life of Fred: Edgewood'. They also started 'Life of Fred: Farming'. Sam has been reading 'You Can Count on Monsters' by Richard Evan Schwartz. This is a fun math book that literally helps children learn to multiply and Sam is having many 'a-ha' moments :)
- Reading: both Nick and Sam are reading on a daily basis, both chapter books and picture books. I have no complaints about their reading...well, ok I have one...I would love to see them read more.
- Computer Time: This is still a daily occurrence.
- Vocabulary Cartoons: Nick does this more than Sam, which is quite alright with me.
- Writing: Sam does this more than Nick. She likes to write letters to her grandparents and loves to play 'Post Office' with our family.
- Play: Nick and Sam have been playing with their Legos everyday. Their creativity amazes me!
- Arts and Crafts: Nick has been getting back into drawing after taking about a month break. Sam has been playing with fabric creating parachutes, blankets and clothes for her stuffies
- Activities (errands) with Dad: Grocery Shopping, Automotive Parts Shopping, Discussing News Events (social studies)
We are starting to wind down our school year and have less than 8 weeks left. Where has the time gone?