Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Harry Potter - review

(image taken from Amazon.com)

A couple of weeks ago, Nick and Sam asked if they could watch the movie 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'.  I told them that if they wanted to watch the movie, they would have to read the book first.  So, 2 Saturday's ago during our weekly library visit, we checked out 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  Little did I know that I would be the one reading it while my children listened intently to every word. We got half way through the book when last Saturday while visiting the same library, Nick asked if he could check out the movie.  I said yes and that same afternoon, Nick and Sam watched the movie without even moving a muscle.  I, on the other hand, did not watch the movie and really do not have an inkling to either. 

Tonight we finished the book and compared the book to the movie.  Both Nick and Sam noticed some differences but not too many.  They both liked the book and movie and are looking forward to reading the second book in the series.  Or I should say...they are looking forward to me reading the second book ;)

I do have to say that I did try to read this book over 10 years ago and found it rather boring.  I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed it the second time around.  Probably has to do with the excitement that beamed from my children.

I want to thank Elisabeth (my niece)for giving me her honest opinion and recommendation of the book.  She was right, both Nick and Sam loved it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment