Friday, February 8, 2013

Looking Back on Week 29

I had planned on letting the kids take this week off, but I forgot to inform everyone ;) Nick and Sam worked on the following this past week:

MATH:  The kids worked in their individual math workbooks and worksheets.  We also re-visited Life of Fred-Edgewood for a couple of chapters.  We had actually worked in it at the beginning of this school and put it aside.  This week, Nick asked if we could start 'Fred' back-up and we will be finishing Edgewood next week and will have to order 'Fish' next.

READING:  The kids have been reading a lot of math story books. 

COMPUTER TIME:  A daily occurrence that Nick and Sam enjoy.

PLAY:  A lot of this took place...Sam has been playing 'hospital' with her stuffies and dolls.  Nick has been creating lego batman stuff.  (I'm not up-to-date on batman and I have no idea about the vehicles, buildings, etc.)  I would have taken pictures, but there is something wrong with our camera.

There was a lot of creative free-time this past week and honestly, I am ok with it.  I have read on one of my friend's facebook pages that she gives her son additional homework if his teacher does not give him at least 2 hours of homework each night.  I cringed when I read that.  But, to each their own...right????

Wishing you a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment