Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Random Things for 12-12-12

1. The sun is shining, very little cloud cover and the ground is brown.  Not a typical December day.

2. I love Red Vines licorice.  The taste is so delicious...not sweet like the other licorice brands.  Red Vines remind me of movie theaters, which I have not stepped foot in since 2002.

3. The kids have been to 2 Christmas parties so far.  I say so far because tonight will be the third and final one.  The town adjacent to us is having a Town Wide Christmas celebration.  All of the businesses on main street will be opened and Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be visiting with children at town's hardware store.  A lot of fun will be had by all.

4. Meeting up with our library friends is always a fun thing, especially tonight.(see #3)

5. I had an awesome lunch earlier this week.  Our town's Road Agent made a Shepherd's Pie and he thought I would like some for lunch.  He was right and the pie was yummy!

6. I have read 3 books in the past week. It usually takes me a good week or two to read one book.  But these last 3 were page turners and I couldn't put them down.  The house didn't look that great after reading, but sometimes a girl has to finish a good read before anything else can be done.

7. Nick and Sam have been playing very well together.  They aren't arguing as much and hopefully this will last.  (I know, wishful thinking).  They have been busy building lego cities.

8.  Homeschool, or in our case lately, Unschool has been fun.  The kids are reading quite a bit, using their computer time wisely, using their imaginations, cooking, baking, etc.  Sometimes I do worry that they are not doing enough, but then I am brought to reality by what they tell me about their learning journey.

9. Scott has been working on our heating system.  A few runs to the hardware store and now all is good, for at least this year into next.  He has also been working on our upstairs bathroom.  It is almost finished and pretty soon we won't have to go downstairs to shower.

10. Work has been pretty good.  A bit hectic at times and slow at other times.  I am gearing up to close out 2012 and open 2013.  This will take place over the next few weeks.  I am a little nervous, but I am getting help from a great friend.  It is a learning experience that I look forward to.

11. Our family is doing good.  We haven't done anything extravagant this year, except for going to RI over a weekend this past summer.  We have stayed around the house, hiked in the woods, and pretty much kept to ourselves. 

12.  80's music rocks!  I listen to it daily, especially at work.  Makes the day go fast and sometimes just sitting back and listening to music from my childhood brings back fun memories with my friends. 


12 random things on 12-12-12...Hope your day has been a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment