On Monday, the whole family went to Montshire Museum for Nick and Sam's birthdays. The kids had a great time and loved all of the hands on activities. If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend you visit the Montshire.
After visiting the museum, the kids wanted to go to Wal-Mart to spend their birthday money. It was a great math lesson for them to experience. They had to find an item within their price range. They both succeeded and are very happy with their purchases. I think another trip will take place soon. Both Nick and Sam received more money and can't wait to spend it.
For the rest of the week, the kids did the following:
- Reading - Nick completed another chapter book...The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Sam read a few picture books and is also reading a chapter book about folk songs.
- Computer Time
- Helped with fixing meals. Sam used her imagination and made an apple, carrot, olive salad. She also, with help from daddy, made pancakes.
- Did a couple of lessons from Life of Fred - Edgewood
- Did two lessons from Sequential Spelling Vol 1. This is a new item in our household and because I purchased it on DVD, Nick and Sam can use it by themselves.
- Watched a few movies. Monday night was a Narnia night. We watched 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe' and 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'. We also listened to the audio book 'The Last Battle'. Tuesday we watched a documentary called 'Monumental' (very good!) Tonight we watched 'Batteries Not Included'.
Have a great weekend!