Friday, July 27, 2012

W is for Work

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be working 40 hours a week outside the home and that my husband would be home with the kids during the day, I would have laughed in your face.  I had plans of being a stay-at-home mom that homeschools her children until the youngest child finished high school.  That all changed 3 years ago this September. 

Lately, the place where I work has not been that great.  There are days when I feel like throwing in the towel to be home with my children.  I keep telling my husband that it is time for him to 'pound the pavement' so that we can switch back to our original roles of me being home and him working. Don't get be wrong...I am grateful to have this job and able to work not far from home. It's just that these last couple of months have been a bit stressful and I don't like feeling this way. 

To work or not to work is a question that I struggle with from time to time.  One of these days I hope to have an answer that I can be happy with.

Come see what Marcy and others are Blogging Through the Alphabet!







3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, friend. I worked outside of the home, too, until 2 years ago. It was so hard! Praying that you find contentment in whatever station God has for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue, I know that struggle all too well! I have always worked. Always. There was one brief time when I thought I might be able to just stay home, but it did not work out. Will be thinking of you!

    xx
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete