Sunday, June 24, 2012

R is for Reading

Reading is an activity that takes place daily in our home.  The books that my children choose to read can range from picture books to chapter books.  I do have a challenge for both of my children...to read a chapter book per month.  The following are the chapter books that each of us (son, daughter and myself) are currently reading:

My son is currently reading

My daughter is currently reading to me 

What I am reading to the kids as our history.  We are still working on Volume 1 and already we are learning quite a bit

I just finished reading this today. 

Every Saturday the kids and I go to Canaan Library to visit with the wonderful librarians and to see our friends.  There is one month in the year that the kids look forward to and that is July...the Summer Reading Program month.  Yesterday we signed up for it and already the excitement is growing.  This year's theme is Dream Big...Read.  The picture below was taken quite a while ago, but it gives you an idea of how many books we check out on a weekly basis...


Come see what Marcy and others are Blogging Through the Alphabet!

No comments:

Post a Comment