Monday, June 18, 2012

The Girl's Still Got It...review


"Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future.  Hold Naomi's hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together.  And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and honors God, big time."

I have read the Book of Ruth a few times and only remembered the following verse: "And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee; for wither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16.  I even remember hearing that same verse quoted in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes".  So, not really knowing Ruth too well, I read this book with a bit of hesitation and I found that I could not put the book down.  Liz Curtis Higgs takes the reader on a 'walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World' and the reader will not be disappointed. Click here to read the first chapter of the book.I highly recommend this book to all of my family, friends and followers of my blog.

In the back of the book are discussion questions and study guide if you want to dig deeper into the world of Ruth.  

(Disclaimer: I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review)


No comments:

Post a Comment