Sunday, May 6, 2012

On 2nd Thought...

Two weeks ago, the kids finished up the 2011/2012 school year.  I figured we would take the whole month of May off and start the 2012/2013 year in June.  Well, as you know, plans can change.

Tomorrow, the kids and I will be starting Life of Fred - Edgewood.  They have been begging (almost) to start Edgewood and I put my foot down last week and said, "No, we need a little break".  I changed my mind and the kids are super happy :) (I know that when I was their age, I ran far away from math) I am very happy that Nick and Sam have a different outlook than I did.

Besides math, the kids are continuing their daily reading and are thriving with the many adventures each book takes them on.

Changing ones mind is a good thing.  I guess learning never stops, even when a good intention break is planned.

Here's to a new year of learning!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment