Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Can you imagine living in a world of 'sameness'?  What about being assigned, at the age of 12, the job you will have the rest of your life?  If you can't imagine it, then I suggest you read The Giver by Lois Lowry.

The wonderful librarians recommended that I read this book and I am glad they did.  I had an idea of what to expect because I have read other books by the same author.  What I didn't expect was the way this book made me think and feel about colors, memories, life lessons, etc.  Like the librarians, I also recommend this book.  This book is considered a 'junior fiction' in our library (ages 9+).  My personal opinion,  I would wait until my children were a bit older before I have them read this...around 11 or  12 years old.

Thanks Amy and Nancy for your recommendation!  Looking forward to reading your next one...whatever that may be :)




No comments:

Post a Comment