Friday, April 20, 2012

Final Wrap-up of 2011 - 2012 School Year

When we started our 2011/2012 school year, I posted on my sidebar the curriculum that the kids would be using.  Good intentions were made, but during the 2nd half of the year, the math curriculum changed, the grammar curriculum changed and we didn't even read Story of the World vol 2.  Well, I take that back, I started reading vol 2, but only read the first 5 chapters. 

The school year ended up being a more relaxed year.  I don't want to say 'unschooling' at this point in time because I did have Nick and Sam work on copy work, math and reading Monday thru Friday.  The rest of the time they focused on their interests. 

Nick did a lot of drawing and making stories, played with legos. played outside, read books and did daily computer time.
Sam read a lot of books, played with her stuffies (stuffed animals), helped in the kitchen, played store, and played outside.  She also had computer time each day too.

There were times when I thought the kids were not doing enough, but listening to them and watching them interact with adults, I realized that they were learning all the time. 

We will be having their year-end review within the next month or so and after that a new year will begin in June. 

1 comment: