Friday, March 23, 2012

Where Lilacs Still Bloom by Jane Kirkpatrick



When I first received this book, I was excited!  The synopsis on the back cover intrigued me and I looked forward to reading each and every page.  Unfortunately my excitement turned to confusion.  I had a really difficult time following the characters.  Because of this, I had a difficult time following the story. I felt there was too much jumping around with the characters and it took away from the enjoyment of reading this book.

This being my first review, I feel bad for not being able to leave a positive feedback.

(I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, Don't feel badly. Some books affect people differently. Because I write about real historical people, I include the character list as a way to help readers keep track of characters but I must not have made them as strong as they could be so that you'd find enjoyment inside. Maybe you'll enjoy some of my other titles one day...The Daughter's Walk came out last year about family separations and restoration. Anyway, I hope you'll give me another try on a future date. Great to have you blogging and reviewing! Jane

    ReplyDelete