Friday, February 3, 2012

Wrap-up Week 31

Another week has come and gone...where does the time go?

MATH:  This week, the kids started Life of Fred - Dogs.  We did 2 chapters and so far so good.  I can tell the progression from the books that this elementary series is going to work out well.  There are 6 more books in the series and I can't wait to introduce them to the kids.
COPY WORK:  The kids are still working on the uppercase letters and I have been very impressed with their work.  Sam has a little issue with the lowercase 'a', but she is working on it.

READING:  A lot of books were read this week and that makes this mama happy :)

VOCABULARY:  So far, Cartoon Vocabulary is a lot of fun.  The kids are learning 2 words a day.  I review the words that the kids have already learned and all I can say is...Impressive!!!

DELIGHT DIRECTED:  Nick did a lot of space investigation and was able to build a few space crafts from legos.  Sam played a lot with her stuffies (stuffed animals), helped her brother with his space engineering and painted.

READ ALOUD:  I have started reading The Witches by Roald Dahl.  Not sure if we will finish the book.  I will give it a few more chapters and if the kids say go-on...then we go-on.  If not, we will find something else to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment