Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Dec 15

Today I am thankful for 2nd Opinions.

About a year or so ago, our children were referred to an orthodontist that was about 100 miles south of where we live.  (our kids have the state health insurance and this orthodontist accepted the insurance).  The first visit was a consultation.  The Dr. looked at both of the kids and said to come back in 6 months to see if anything had changed in the development.  6 months passes by and my husband drives the kids to their appointment only to be told to come back in 6 months to check on any changes.  Again, after 6 months, my husband drives the kids to the appointment and again the Dr. says...come back in 6 months to check for any changes. 
My husband and I decided to ask for another referral when the kids have their regular dental check-up. Driving 100 miles each way was not a good thing and if we decided to continue, the cost of traveling would be too much. We got the 2nd referral and last night was our first appointment with the new orthodontist.  The consultation was great and our concerns are being addressed.  My son will be getting his work-up done and will be proceeding with corrective changes in his mouth.  This orthodontist does not take our insurance, but is going to work with us to set up a payment plan.  He is concerned about my son's teeth and wants to work with us.
I am so thankful for 2nd opinions...

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment