Friday, December 30, 2011

Last Wrap-up of 2011

This wrap-up is for all of 2011.  As I sit here and reflect on 2011, I am amazed at how much was accomplished both in homeschool and in our family life. 

Homeschool:  It has been an interesting year.  The kids have done a great job and are always full of questions, curiosity, etc.  They read quite a bit, do math daily, copy work and also have computer time.  There have been times when I would worry and stress that the kids were not doing enough, but then they surprise me and I know we are right on track.  I would say that our homeschool style is in between 'relaxed' and 'unschooling'.

Family Project:  This past summer, Scott and our friend David worked on the building of our house.  The roof and outside frame is all up and enclosed.  All the rooms are framed and ready for the next step.  Scott is very happy that he doesn't have to shovel snow off the flat roof anymore (so am I).

Family:  The kids have been pretty healthy this year, unless you count a cold here and there.  They have made a few friends, enjoy going to the library and love to run around the house.  Scott has been traveling to RI on weekends to work.  He has also been a stay-at-home-dad with the kids while I work during the week.  I have been working full-time for over a year now and would love to be at home instead.  Blackie is as cute and feisty as ever.

Visitors/Visits:  We had a few visitors this year...my mom and dad, Uncle Paul, Chris, Melissa and Baby Tyler, and some of Scott's friends (i'm drawing a blank).  We also traveled to Maine and spent a few days with Uncle Paul.

All in all, 2011 was a pretty good year.  Looking forward to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment