Friday, November 11, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge - Day 11





Today I am especially thankful for our Veterans.  I come from a family of Veterans and am grateful and thankful for their service for our great country.  The members in my family have served honorably in all the military branches. 
My father was in the Air Force and retired after serving for 20+ years.  He retired from the Air Force before my fifth birthday.  After I was born, he was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War.  The first time he celebrated my birthday with me was when I turned 4.  I have no idea what it was like for him to be on the other side of the world while my mom was raising 3 children on her own.  
The sacrifices that our military men and women make on a daily basis is not just for us, but also for their families. 
So today and always, thank a veteran and their family.



What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment