Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life of Fred - Apples

There has been a change in Samantha's daily lessons.  She wasn't very happy with her math lessons.  Not sure if it was due to having too much to do or she was overwhelmed or both.  So I decided to make a change.

Today Samantha, with Nickolas tagging along, started Life of Fred - Apples.  Fred is a five year old little boy that will be helping Samantha understand math.  What I like about this book is that the math Sam learns will help her in everyday situations.  Both Sam and Nick will learn why math is important as they get to know Fred.

There are 4 books in the elementary series:
  1. Apples
  2. Butterflies
  3. Cats
  4. Dogs
Once this series is complete, I am hoping to move into the next one, starting with Life of Fred - Fractions.

3 comments:

  1. (Let's see if blogger will let me comment...)
    Sue, did you know that there will be 4 more books in the elementary series coming out at the end of this month? We are super excited because we are just tearing through the books! Love them!!
    ~Shonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did see that. We are half way through Apples and will be starting Butterflies in about 2 - 3 weeks. I noticed on your blog that you were working in Butterflies.
    We love Fred!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there were 4 more after "Dogs". This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete