Monday, July 18, 2011

Media and Marriage

Eleven years ago I met my husband, Scott, through an ad that was placed on the Internet.  We exchanged emails for about a week and then Scott emailed me his phone number and he let me make the choice to call him.  I waited for a day, gaining the courage to call him, and that first phone call lasted about 2 hours. We talked to each other every night for about 2 weeks before we decided to meet in person.  On August 20, 2000 we finally met. October 7, 2011 we got married.

In the 11 years of being together, I have noticed that our communication with each other has dwindled a bit.  We used to talk a lot...about anything that happened during the day or something we heard about on the radio or where we would go out on a date.  Now...our time talking is a few minutes here and there during the day.  Not the quality time it used to be.  I have noticed that our time, both Scott and I, on the computer has taken time from each other. Our computer time consists of Fox News, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Blogs, etc. Scott and I enjoy our time online, we have different interests...he likes politics and news. I like homeschooling and crafts.  How many hours a day are we on?  I really haven't paid attention, but I know it is more than we should be "logged on".

Being a part of Media Mondays has opened my eyes to the way technology has been allowed to take over in our lives, especially in our marriage.   Time to change things for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment