Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Left Behind

Guess what?  I finished the book and much sooner than I had planned.  As I mentioned in my last post, I had read this before but couldn't remember very much from it.  Wow! that is my reaction to the book/story.  A good Wow!
I am glad that I decided to read it again.  When I first read the book, the idea of The Rapture really freaked me out.  I wasn't sure if I really wanted to know about it and it honestly scared me.  After reading this book for the 2nd time, I could relate to some of the characters...especially with their questions and their not-quite-ready-to-believe,  I was one of those characters...Chloe.  When I lived at home, I was expected to go to Church each Sunday, listen to the sermon and then go on with my everyday life.  I thought that was what being a christian was all about. 
For several years...after graduating from high school until last year...I searched for answers about faith and what being a christian really meant.  It was a journey that I needed to take. I have a couple of friends, with different religious backgrounds, that I have spoken with and who have helped me on this journey without realizing it.  I also have a wonderful brother who has also guided me on this journey and I will forever be grateful for him as well as my friends.
Last year I read the Bible and I had a profound experience.  This year I am reading the Book of Mormon and am almost finished.  My faith in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit have grown these past couple of years.  I fell the presence of Heavenly Father as I read the scriptures.  Learning about the prophets and apostles and the trials they went through was and has been incredible.  Jesus Christ, dying on the cross for me and you and everyone in the world...an amazing gift He gave so that we can live through him.  I know that God is my Father in Heaven.  I know that Jesus is my savior and through Him I am saved.  My Redeemer Lives!
This post was meant to be my personal review of Left Behind, but it ended up being my personal testimony of Faith.  Many blessings :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment