Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

When I was much younger, I never really understood Good Friday.  I kept asking why it was "Good" when Jesus died on the cross.  I didn't understand back then.  All I was looking forward to was what the Easter Bunny was going to bring me and getting the little plant from Sunday School on Easter morning. 

As I got older, I began to understand the significance of Good Friday.  It had nothing to do with the Easter Bunny or chocolate or dying eggs.  Good Friday meant that Jesus died for me, you and everyone in the world.  He died for our sins.  He gave His life so that we can live.

 
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment